Being a Mom is hard, y'all. I've slept a four hours total last night thanks to this LOVELY 4 month sleep regression, didn't change out of my pajamas all day, starting crying when Wyatt thought naps we're overrated and laughed as I was scrubbing two types of bodily fluids off my hands this afternoon.
That all said, I don't think I've ever been as happy as I am when I hear him laugh or see him smile because he recognizes me. It's indescribable. The joy of seeing him experience his "firsts", it's just priceless. So for those moments, I will take all of the sleepless nights, overtired cries and yes, the gross stuff too.
I mean, this smile...
My Registry Must haves:
1. Pampers Swaddlers Super Pack: Seriously, I'll save you time here. Don't even try any other brand. We have a few different oddballs from Jason's diaper party...but every time we open one of those boxes, we're quickly reminded why we love Pampers® Swaddlers. The two biggest reasons - They are so soft and they hold-up. I couldn't be a bigger fan!
2. Pampers® Sensitive Wipes: These smell divine to me, they're so clean smelling.
3. Dr. Brown's bottles: Yup, we're in that fan base too. We started with the bottles that came with my pump, but noticed Wyatt seemed to CHUG it. So we switched to these to help with the flow.
4. Swaddle-Me Swaddles: Yes and Yes. We're big-time swaddle fans. I never did get the hang of the blanket swaddling, this is an easy no-fail velcro solution. I don't know what I'm going to do when we have to stop swaddling Wyatt.
5. The Rock n Play: This was our BFF for the first three months. We just transitioned from this to the crib, but we still bring it around to friends/family's houses when they're babysitting. Wyatt is just so content hanging in here.
6. Snuza: I honestly wouldn't have transitioned to the crib without this baby. It's a little "beeper" that clips onto your Pampers® Swaddlers. If it doesn't detect breathing, it alarms within 20 seconds. The alarm is pretty loud (we had a false alarm last night) It really gives me peace of mind to be able to sleep with him across the house from me.
7. Zip-Up Sleepers: Can someone please tell me why they still sell button-up ones? Do you know how LONG it takes to button those bad-boys up. These Zippers are the bees knees and yes, Wyatt loves to hang all day in his PJ's.
My other must have - White noise. We downloaded an app and play it on our iPad in his nursery or my phone while we're out and about. He goes out like a light.
My Walmart.com registry was SUPER easy to create and manage, they even had a registry checklist to help you from getting overwhelmed from all.the.baby.things. Seriously, how are there so many things? Thankfully that kept me on track. What's even better - they have Pampers Baby Basics for Any Mom on Walmart.com’s Parent & Baby Center which has awesome tips for sleep tactics, baths (this scared me the first time I did it) and even diaper changes.
Take a look at my must haves and let me know if you have any to add! I'm all about learning new tricks.